Wednesday, August 31, 2005

It's The Last Day Of Winter

I mean, 'winter'. The average temp was 19.3C (67F for those playing at home) and there was only one night that I actually felt the cold reach my bones (the Hilton opening night, when I wore my gorgeous Betty & John jersey wrap dress, and well, yes, open-toe shoes because they are such a good match).

It has been glorious, there's no other word for it. Blue skies almost every single day. No rain - it started sprinkling the other morning and I was confused by the sound. And no wind, phew, since that's what I hate the most.

Highlights of this winter include buying some lovely essential black knee high boots from Witchery; a perfect day out with Natalie starting with brunch near the airport, shopping in Chatswood and concluding with Champagne at Ravesi's, overlooking the beach; lots of red wine; and not actually feeling that it was ever winter - just variations of spring and autumn.

There are two seasonal songs that are important to me. One is Summer's Almost Gone by The Doors which I play on the piano every February 28. The other is Wintertime Love by The Doors:

Wintertime winds blow cold the season
Fallen in love, I'm hopin' to be
Wind is so cold, is that the reason?
Keeping you warm, your hands touching me
Come with me dance, my dear
Winter's so cold this year
You are so warm
My wintertime love to be
Winter time winds blue and freezin'
Comin' from northern storms in the sea
Love has been lost, is that the reason?
Trying desperately to be free
Come with me dance, my dear
Winter's so cold this year
And you are so warm
My wintertime love to be
Come with me dance, my dear
Winter's so cold this year
You are so warm
My wintertime love to be

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home