Thursday, September 29, 2005

Sick And The City

A bottle of wine and a lemon prawn risotto do not a hangover make. Nor do they lead the way to food poisoning. They were just mere coincidences on my path to a tummy bug. Oh the joy.

Being sick isn't as fun as it was as a kid. Magical daytime TV ceased to exist after the age of what, 12?, so I am halfway into the third season of Sex And The City. It's a bit of overload, a season a day, although it's so nice to see episodes I never saw before and relive the fashion joys. Dolce E Gabbana. I immediately fell back in love with Domenico and Stefano so if you see a cheap denim corset, let me know. And the hair. Carrie's hair. It's fabulous. So thick and curly and highlighted and then straight and then wavy and up in a bun and down and beautiful. I love the short shag to come but the early years are gorgeous.

Jules once did a post on the advantages of being single vs being in a relationship, and many were dismissed as things that you could still do a couple. Well, here are two that are non-negotiably in the pro column:

* You can shower until the water goes cold.
* You can be sick and grumbly and leave crumbs everywhere and rush to the bathroom whenever you need to without any issues. Believe me, it's an under-rated pro.

Oh and I have the biggest craving to go back to New York. The SATC boxset should come with a flight voucher or something. I want to eat cupcakes and go vintage shopping and go to a dayspa and picnic in Central Park after spending the morning at the Frick and have a romantic kiss amidst the skyscrapers.

On the way back I would fly through London and dine at Sketch.

5 Comments:

Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh, it's so good to see you, my dear!!!! I was worried about you.

Season Four is my favorite season; maybe that will perk you up tomorrow....and I do love her hair, though you know her shortcut is my fave.

Cupcakes. New York. Dolce Dolce Dolce. Oh my!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Sounds like the perfect NYC day!

Just looking at my credit card charges from my US trip. Lots of shopping. Should have stopped for a cupcake when I was in NYC though. And found a boy worth kissing. Hmmm... all good reasons to go back on another trip.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Em said...

my b/f gave me the box set for Xmas.... I've watched them all once and am half way through the 2nd series again! I'm addicted. Last night I was watching and really had the NYC craving as well :(

What is that really famous bakery? mangolia's??

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes you should come back to NYC! But only if I can join you. Cupcakes + vintage shopping = the Perfect Day!

(ps, you are absolutely in for the Cupcake Tour....now I can officially call it the Cupcake World Tour as it has some international flair!)

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS - do you have the SATC book "Kiss and Tell" its fantastic - shows all of the outfits and hairstyles and what not. Its a Must Have.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home