Friday, October 14, 2005

Tag Team

I got tagged by La Dauphine! *puffs out chest* I hope I don't disappoint with my...

{ 5 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME }
1. I created that dark dark red nail polish before Chanel did with Rouge Noir. I wanted a red nail polish that was darker than the standard reds, so would apply a coat of black with a coat of cherry red on the top. Everyone at school went nuts over it, so I started mixing bottles for people. Then the whole Rouge Noir phenomenon swept the world and I was always so chuffed that I'd started the trend before Chanel. Years later I nabbed a bottle and felt it came a poor second to my own blend.

2. I wanted to be a stripper when I was 12. I still have no idea where that desire arose from.

3. While in New Caledonia I became addicted to The Bold And The Beautiful dubbed in French. Even better, it's French title is Amour, Gloire et Beaute, and I always got a little thrill as the theme song came on alongside the 80s footage of an imitation fashion parade. When I returned back to Sydney I was surprised to hear Ridge's voice and wondered why it was so different...



4. I am physically replused by the feel of winter clothes on my body. I would rather be cold than put on jumpers and layers.

5. I hate cooked carrots with a passion. I will eat pretty much anything else, but cooked carrots.

I'm tagging my sister, Susie.

5 Comments:

Blogger TessaJ said...

See, I love layers. Love them. There are so many different options and possibilities. I definitely live in the right climate for that!

That is too funny about your wanting to be a stripper. I don't even know if I knew that a stripper was when I was 12 ;)

10:47 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

I love the look of layers but it's just the feeling of wool as opposed to bare skin, of something constrictive, I don't know, it just makes me cringe.

The stripper thing is bizarre, and it's true, how could I even know what it was!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Is it all wool that you hate?

I love, love, love the sweater I bought when I was in SF - the most gorgeous angora/cotton blend. So light, so warm, so snuggley.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just don't believe it!

Well, you know how I feel about winter clothes and well, winter in general....ugh! terrible terrible concept.

and I just came back from lunch positively GUSHING about the beautiful spring clothes I saw as I wandered around (only to find that you seem to have left for the day and now I have all that gushingness trapped inside me...oh! the agony!)

and now!
and NOW I find out about cooked carrots!

I hate, loathe, detest and refuse to eat cooked carrots. All my life. Even as a child...I'd make a deal with my mother - "no! no! it isn't the carrots that's the problem...it's the COOKING! I'll eat RAW carrots - dozens of them...just don't make me eat COOKED carrots!"

no back to spring fashion....i just saw this linen silk blend jacket in 'Grass'...what is it about me and Spring and gren?? I never wear green - but spring comes along and i suddenly start buying and wearing GREEN...remember the famous green heels...must be 3 years ago now....god damned they are sexy!

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hey

Re No 1 I remember that! It was in Pulp Fiction days

No 5 - I didn't know that about you, but intrigued as I have the same issue. Ecspecially when cut up like in the picture!!

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home