Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Weekend/This Week

Listening To: Strange Days, The Doors; Quelqu'un M'a Dit, Carla Bruni.
Wearing: These gorgeous chandelier earrings from one of my new designers.
Drinks With: Lee The Landscaper ("you and I would either have a massive fight or end up love making") and Hank The American Footballer basketballer who can't shut up about himself.
Tonight: Fashion parade for up-and-coming designers.
Ate: Friday night at Balzac - the stars were not aligned that night. Family issues. Good food but does not deserve two hats. Saturday night at Billy Kwong's, thanks to a bet. This is said bet, which I posted on a message board afterwards:
I jsut bet that Eva Herzigova is or was marreid to Ricahdn Smabor but in fact she was marriec to Tico Torsres. Heather lokcer is still marreid to Ricahrd Samonro. Who would hawvw thought.

Now, my brain is a sponge for useless pop culture facts and figures. I know that Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas share the same birthday. I know that Heidi Klum had her first child with Flavio Briatore. I know that Linda Evangelista was engaged to Fabien Barthez. I know it all. Except that's not true. Apparently everyone but me knows that Eva was married to Tico Torres, which of course now seems so obvious. Moving on.

The banquet was lovely despite the almost 3 hour wait for a table, with steamed oysters, steamed fish, heavily spiced duck and so on.

Who did I have dinner with? See the post above.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

I would like more info on the whole Lee and Hank thing please! Dish the dirt, girly!

1:04 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Did you also know that Barbara Walters shares the same b-day with Catherine and Michael?

1:12 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

TJ, I must talk myself up because no, I did not know that. Now I do though!

Hank The Basketballer is this tall sure-of-himself American who frequents my ex-local. He talks endlessly about himself and about basketball, poor grade basketball at that, and it is all so boring. I am sure he gets plenty of women but there is zero interest here, and he took off shortly after I rejected his hand that made it's way to my knee.

Lee The Landscaper is a guy we met last week at the final final. He donated much of the Champagne that was consummed. Nice enough guy, lacking in sleaze, which is rare these days. But in the harsh light of day he was less fun, more Bush Week (how can I translate that for my overseas visitors?). Could be good for a drinking buddy.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home