Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Your Services Are Needed

I've decided I will go to the World Cup in Germany next year. I have tickets (1 x 3 Category 2 First Round games - Country: France) and I have enough frequent flyer points to get me there. I figure I can spend 3 weeks away tops. I will probably see 1-2 games and sell the other ticket/s, as I want to spend maximum time elsewhere. But where elsewhere? I am leaning towards Silicy/Sardinia/Florence (back to The Mall of course) and Paris. While I would love to go to Spain there is not enough time and I like to spend time in each place and not whistlestop.

I'm keen to hear your suggestions. I have to decide fairly quickly thanks to stupid frequent flyer redemption.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

Ooooh! Where in Germany are the games being played? Berlin was one of my fave cities in Europe.

If I was you, I would do somewhere in Europe that you haven't been before. How about Eastern Europe? Jump over to the Czech Republic or Hungary and see something new.

What's the rest of your Magical Mystery Tour itinerary?

12:03 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

I think Berlin is one of the cities and I will definitely see a game there. I receive the tickets in the new year and the draw takes place on Dec 9 so all will be clearer soon.

My reasoning is: haven't been to the south of Italy and would love to, hence considering Sicily/Sardinia, plus with limited time why not do a bit of shopping (and Tuscan food/wine is my absolute favourite), and I can't be in the area and not spend at least a few days in Paris, mon amour.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Croatia...the Dalmation Coast.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! I have heard Croatia is where its at!
Or Budapest and Vienna are also beautiful!

3:46 AM  
Blogger I V Y paris said...

you gotta forget the football and come back to Paree

10:51 PM  
Blogger I V Y paris said...

you cannot, simply cannot, come to europe and NOT come to Paris.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home