Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Ideal Home

As the year comes to a wrap, I'm thinking of all the things that have left an impression on me throughout 2005, and I want to document them.

In the September issue of Vogue Australia, I fell head over heels in love with the interior decorating section, which covered Carolina Herrara Jr's apartment in Madrid. I lusted over those pages, ignoring the rest of the magazine, and completely obsessing over each detail. It's full of personal treasures, but not clutter. Old books and amazing fabrics. A blackboard. Photos. Dishevelled and honest.

The thing is, I have always been Modern With Warmthâ„¢. It's basically earth tones, classic design, space, accentuated with colour from silk olive cushions or a timeless curve lamp. Fortunately A was also all about Modern With Warmthâ„¢ so we had no problems decorating the house we had together. And when I bought my own apartment this year, I carried the theme over (along with half the furniture), as the apartment and area suit this aesthetic.

But one day, when I have an apartment in Paris, St Trop or Woollahra, this is how I will deck it out. I love how she upholsters pieces that are tired or she's bored with, instead of buying something new. I love the Moroccan mirror. I love how she shops on eBay!






1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way that room looks with her in it...I am printing it out!!! Inspiration!

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home