Thursday, December 29, 2005

2005: Year In Review

Starts with: 2005 started in Noumea, standing on the beach with my feet buried in the sand that I've always felt is like velvet. I was yearning, again, on this night of nights, to be deep in someone's arms, to hear "I love you" and to feel it under my skin. Instead, again, on this night of nights, I was far from the person sharing my life. Physically, he was somewhere behind me, silent, as we stood on Anse Vata beach, my favourite place in this part of the world. Emotionally, we were far apart. It was not a great trip. We barely spoke, laughed even less, had sex just once. Neither of us could be bothered going to the chemist for preservatifs, as R had done at the same chemists eight-odd years earlier.

...And ends with: 2005 has been the year of friendship for me. I've discovered the power and importance of friends and they continue to surprise me with their love, support and funness. It's also been the year of really getting to know myself, moreso than any other time in my life. It's a continual journey but I'm finding my honest, true self. And that's just the bestest.

To read it all, click here.

5 Comments:

Blogger Doll Face said...

You brought a tear to my eye... love you jules! so very happy that i'll be welcoming the new year with you! Fiji here we come!

12:38 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Hello, my darling. I'm sure you've already left for the new year, but I look forward to catching up with you (and I) return (though Michigan is not nearly as exotic as Fiji, so don't expect much!)

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julia, your darling card arrived in the mail today. Thank you so much. Not only was the card adorable but the two stamps were just lovely. And it is amusing how similar both our sentiments were.

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year gorgeous! May this one take you to bigger, better and higher places!

Am sure you're having an amazing time in Fiji. Noosa has been brilliant. We're very seriously considering not coming back!!

Speak soon
Sarah

11:14 PM  
Blogger The unknown poster said...

Hello my dear. Am insanely jealous of you being in Fiji. Hope you are having just the best time and I wish all the best for you in 2006.

xx
K.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home