Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas: Where's The Fucking Spirit Of Christmas Edition

Well, where is it?

+ The post offices are jam-packed with snarky customers and over-it clerks. Why can't they hire more staff at this time of year? If Myer can do it surely the post offices can get their shit together. It's not brain surgery to hand over stamps and take payment for bills (do it online you time-wasting fuckers).
+ Mum is sick and had a go at me the other day. Woo hoo!
+ Weeks and weeks ago I'm hooked up with a friend's ex-boyfriend as he wants to buy my spare World Cup tickets. I ask many times to make sure he wants them, and he confirms he does. I'm happy to give them to him for cost price. I email him after the draw last week to arrange it. Finally I hear back 1.5 weeks later saying he won't be in Europe till end of July and that I should sell them to the highest bidder, like he's doing me some fucking favour. I'm fucking ropable.
+ A fashion magazine I was going to advertise in next year did a write-up of the site in the Christmas edition, and I finally had a chance to take a look yesterday. It's completely wrong.

However, to not sound like one of those yawn-inspiring bah humbuggers, I am exquisitely happy because:
+ I can't wait to see my sister, brother-in-law, nephew and baby niece tomorrow night!
+ TJ starts her fantabulous eight months of paid vacation.
+ I have some beautiful Christmas cards on my desk that make me smile.
+ It's so beautiful, here in Sydney. Everyone should have a Christmas here one day.
+ Photos (and websites) like this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

Oh the insanity of Christmas.

I realised earlier this week that I had to venture back into a shopping centre to buy one or two more presents, and have been putting it off ever since. Urgh. Just can't face it.

PS: Lots of faux champers will help you get through!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

I am going in tonight. Deep breath.

And yes, faux Champers. All week I've been asking myself if it's socially acceptable for women to drink solo in a bar, and I think during December, it is.

10:24 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

I swear, every little pressure takes on such weight this time of year. It's always socially acceptable to drink faux champers.

(Thanks for the nod...I am so excited. Just trying to breathe.)

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home