Monday, December 12, 2005

Devirginising

I have a thing about new clothes and shoes. The first time I wear them. I have to pick the right occassion, with the right outfit and accessories. Because after they are worn, even just once, they lose that specialness, and become the same as everything else in the cupboard. I have quite a lot of new clothes, just waiting to make their debut.

I did wear my new Kinki Gerlinki dress and necklace to dinner at Chez Rene with Nat on Friday night, and it was the perfect devirginising occassion. They even got a twirl on the dancefloor later in the evening.

That made me happy.

3 Comments:

Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh, how exciting. I sometimes put off wearing new clothes just to preserve that feeling...

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know exactly how you feel. even if i still like the "new" thing and it becomes a really great buy & it's still lost a little bit of something...that first night is just divine though!

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm alot like that as well, but much because I fear to damage the clothes or shoes somehow, so I have to save the first time for events that are so good I can feel like it would be worth it. :)

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home