Thursday, December 15, 2005

It Happened

I had one night to myself last night. I'd been looking forward to it all day, the way you'd look forward to a gala cocktail party. I'd planned to get Thai and kick back with bad TV. But driving home, I realised the night was young, and I wasn't hungry yet, so I'd just pop into the shops and buy some Christmasy things.

An hour and a half later (including a good 20 minutes just staring at aisles and aisles of cards and slowly going mad) I was stroppy, had only bought one gift (and that was for the neighbours at work?!) and been run over by a fucking woman with her trolley ("I didn't see you there" - "that's why you've got eyes" *insert Christmas spirit*).

5 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

You actually said "that's why you've got eyes"???

God, I would have laughed and laughed if I had witnessed that!

Christmas shopping really brings out the insanity. I hate, hate, hate trying to find a car park during the Christmas shopping period (and January sales). Urgh.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Oh I said it. She didn't even apologise, or sound like she was sorry.

It really does bring out the worst in people, at a time when it should be bringing out the best.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Mabs said...

That is why prams and trolleys should be banned - everywhere!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

No, they should just have IQ tests at the door. At the movies also, for people who can't switch their phones off. I've started lashing out at these cretins too. I kind of like being the cantankerous young lady.

10:58 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

That's why I do almost all of my shopping on-line. I can't stand it. Though I LOVE buying people presents, I just hate the moronic crowds.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home