Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Australia Day

I love that I'll be celebrating Australia Day with yum cha. I'll love it even more if I can fit in a swim at Bronte Beach beforehand.
I love that our national anthem includes the word "girth". You can't get enough girth.
I love (nay, adore) this ad.
I love that on Sunday us girls will be having an Australia Day picnic at Centennial Park, and I'll be bringing the pavlova.
I love that I was called "arrogant" at a dinner party last year for saying I love living here.
I love that almost everyone is taking Friday off and making it a long weekend.

Happy Australia Day!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man am I jealous that you're knee deep in summer right now. That, and you live in Australia.

8:49 AM  
Blogger la femme said...

I went to high school in Adelaide, and loved Australia Day. Mostly because we made pavlova. Mmmmm. Lucky you.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

Happy Australia Day!

It's great to love the place you live.

2:49 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

You have been for a while Helen! Yours is my favourite food blog - thanks so much for stopping by!

I'm thinking of making mini individual pavlovas for the picnic on Sunday, they sound so cute and mess-free.

Hi Eurobrat and Bob, thanks for saying hi :-)

11:15 AM  
Blogger maitresse said...

why did I think the national anthem was "waltzing matilda"? I think a drunk aussie boy misled me...

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home