Friday, January 20, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday On A Friday

Thanks to Joy for inspiring me to get in on the act and for posting her own gorgeous photos. Here's a bit of my own personal history that I sneaked from mum's albums (and I've added some of my sister and I to this recent post).


One of my favourite photos. This is a typical summer early evening dinner with family friends in our backyard in the house I grew up in till I was 8. There's vodka and plenty of food, necessary ingredients for a Russian get-together.
From left to right, grandma Sara, ex-family friends who's daughter I grew up with, my sister and I.



I used to stay at my grandma's house some weekends and sometimes I loved it, sometimes I hated it. One Saturday night after being dropped off it was a case of the latter and I was screaming and demanding my parents come and pick me up. Dad had to leave the dinner they were at (and they rarely went out) and pick me up. As soon as he opened the door I ran out, running all the way to the car, tripping over the long concrete walkway in her building and hurting my chin. This photo was taken the next day, and I was miserable.


Striking a pose with Barbie. That's my beloved Nancy who I just found out my sister named after Sid and Nancy. But I can't even think about her without getting emotional, I loved her so much.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so great! glad i inspired you to post this. a lovely story. love the pic of you in the high chair while the others are having their merry summer lunch! and the outfit in the last pic is adorable!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Doll Face said...

They are SO CUTE! Your little pic after the fall, is the scar on your chin result of that day???

3:22 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

No my scar is from when I fell in the rain 4 or so years ago while Christmas shopping and needed several stitches. My chin is jinxed!

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are so nice pictures! I love the second one; the wallpaper and your serious look. :) I have to take a look through my own pictures...

3:51 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh, what beautiful pictures! I love the "feeling miserable" shot.

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos! You look like such a fashionista in the last one with the knee high socks.

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i totally need to get with the program and do the self p's also.
i love that last photo. young fashionista.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home