Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Delightful Evening

I was bowled over yesterday when the amazing Jules sent me December Vanity Fair with Kate on the cover. I've never really given VF a shot, after buying it in Ios to detract me from the disgusting coughing hungover backpackers and finding it a wank. So I decided to take it down to Chinatown and pour over the issue over something delicious at my beloved Xic Lo, where the tea is free and limitless and there's no pressure to eat and leave, or pretend you're waiting for someone.

I popped into the local library beforehand to join. I get this geeky pleasure from libraries, even though I only borrow Lonely Planets - I like owning books or borrowing/lending to friends and the thought of bedtime novels being on x amount of laps... - and I was very chuffed to learn that being a resident of the inner city gives me access to all these interesting libraries, including Customs House, which has one of the bestest views of the harbour (and amazing cocktails upstairs - if only they could combine the two!). I got an armful of brand new guidebooks...oh and aren't librarians the friendliest things!

At Xic Lo I ordered spring rolls with vermicelli salad and devoured every page until I had truly burnt my tongue on tea. Strolling back home with a biscottino shake from Gelatissimo, it was pure delight.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed VF. Sounds like a fantastic evening.

I thought that the photos of Kate were amazing.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

:-)

I especially loved the cover photo - it's such an expressive image.

10:10 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Isn't that a gorgeous shot?

1:15 PM  
Blogger The unknown poster said...

I love Vanity Fair, it's one of my guilty pleasures. It's bloody expensive in Australia, but somehow I could alway scrape the change to buy it!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Vanity Fair is a new discovery for me as well. I am really enjoying it.

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home