Thursday, February 02, 2006

My Heart Beat Just That Little Bit Faster

The Shoe Gods were smiling down at me.

Cosmopolitan Shoes started their summer sale yesterday and well, the beach could wait. Choos at 50% off wait for no Carrie. Cosmopolitan is my kind of store. A handful of flats make way for a temple to four inches. And colour. And jewels. And designer. The shopgirls are bitchy and rude and barely bother acknowledging you unless you hand over a Black Amex.

I think it appeases the Shoe Gods if the first pair you try on is the one you love the most. There's no pressure afterwards. And love I did: a pair of Rudolph Menudier black high shine leather heels, with zippers all over the hem and the back heel, and a thin 3-odd inch heel with clear cube in the middle. Beautiful. And reduced to $200, so I also had the Bargain Gods on my side. I then saw a pair that made my heart melt. Dolce E Gabbana, leopard print fur with peep toe and thin dark brown heel. Beyond stunning. I almost cried when they didn't have my size and tried to fill my 39.5 foot into the 38.5 I was so desperate. They also had My Ultimate Pair Ever, the yellow rope Choos at 50% off, but half a size too big and the heel kept falling off. Nevermind, I was on cloud nine with my purchase.

To celebrate, as all shoe purchases should be, I had my favourite Thai takeaway and mango gelato and massive amounts of SATC Season 3. Perfect.

(And, like when girlfriends get their period at the same time, mum bought a pair of Furlas last night too).

8 Comments:

Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh, I'm drooling. They're GORGEOUS!!!!! Have you broken them in yet? Do tell the devirginizing of the shoes story when it happens.

Must not buy any shoes. Must save money for Oz!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Haven't broken them in yet, I'm planning on the right outfit to devirginise them and of course, you'll all hear about it :-)

It really is a fairytale of shoes in there, and I think I was the only one trying on black shoes, but what can you do when you're a popular 39.5?! Oh, to be a 35.5! The world would truly be your oyster!

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a wonderful day! beautiful shoes and the post-shoe celebration sounds fab!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Gorgeous shoes, perfect shopping day, lovely celebration afterwards...I'm drooling. I'm drowning in a sea of boxes and packing nightmares right now. I was just looking at some shoes and thinking it's time to retire them. What better excuse to shop and replace them than moving though? I have a very large walk-in closet at my new apartment that needs filling (any excuse, really!).

12:52 PM  
Blogger maitresse said...

"like when girls get their period at the same time..." --which is so season 3!

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great! I wish I could go shoe shopping too. In stead I sit here in the most expencive city in the world and hope to win the lottery some day... :)

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE that your Mom bought shoes the same day. Buying shoes (they're amazing, by the way) eating Thai food, and watching SATC sounds like a slice of Heaven.

5:19 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Maitresse, you're right!

Agathe, I hope you win lotto one day too. Your taste is so exquisite I would love to see it materialise in your wardrobe.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home