Thursday, March 16, 2006

Ode To My Sister

Happy Birthday dear sister!

You wear flats, I wear heels.
You think Carine Roitfeld looks like Anthony Kiedis on a bad day, I want to be Carine Roitfeld.
You hate Kate Moss, I pretend such thoughts don't even exist.
You love 80s movies, I love existential French films.
You say unkindly things about Karl Lagerfeld, I say unkindly things about sweaty fat people.
You make the best fried rice and pavlova rolls in the world, I could eat them every day.
You like babies, I do not (except for yours).
You are my favourite yum cha partner.
You are kind and compassionate and even though it's hard sometimes, I can always talk to you.
You are loyal and a friend to so many and your door is always open.
You are an amazing mother. Wife. Sister. Friend. Person. I am lucky to have you in my life.

4 Comments:

Blogger la femme said...

c'est belle

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww! aren't sisters wonderful? most of the time anyway!

10:23 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh, that is just beautiful. You two are lucky to have each other.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JULIA!! This is an amazing "ode." I love. I have a sister too, and we're dissimilar as well, but man I love her. Thanks for the Friday pick me up!!

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home