Thursday, April 27, 2006

Three Cheese Lasagne

I've been craving lasagne for weeks now and finally made it last night. It's the definition of comfort food (ok, one serving is, two servings - which is my norm - is the definition of pain and suffering). There's nothing better than getting through the gooey layers and saving the golden crunchy corners for the end. Oh. Yum.

I made a simple bolognaise sauce with mushrooms and interspered it with fresh baby spinach leaves, and instead of bechamel I used dollops of fresh ricotta, sliced boconcini and grated Reggiano. It tasted amazing, especially with a simple salad and a few glasses of pinot noir.

There are so many great versions of lasagne - I love chicken, mushroom and ricotta, and pesto with roasted vegetables is divine. What are some of your favourites?

7 Comments:

Blogger Doll Face said...

It sounds delicious! Yummo!

Are you going to look up the sugar/fat counter agian Miss Jones?

11:22 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

God no!

I'll make it for our DVD night if you like.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Doll Face said...

YAY!!!!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I made a lasagna with roasted veggies and garlic with a homemade tomato sauce a few months ago and it was divine.
Mmm, lasagna.

3:30 AM  
Blogger la femme said...

That's funny timing- three cheese spinach lasagne was the 'special' at the restaurant I work at 2 nights ago. Needless to say, we almost sold out.

Anything involving ricotta rates high in the tastebud orgasm category pour moi.

6:16 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Confession: I may be the only person on the planet who does not like Ricotta Cheese (in spite of my cheese addiction), so therefore does not like most lasagne...

7:31 AM  
Blogger la femme said...

But have you tried ricotta cheese mixed with cocoa powder and slivers of almonds?

Love at first bite.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home