Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Excited Personified

I'm getting super excited about my trip. It's like the last month of waiting has come around and the buzz has kicked in. I spend hours pouring over review sites and blogs and menus dreaming about where I'll be going in 3.5 weeks. I'm tingling with excitement that I'll be seeing the World Cup live, wearing my French tshirt and scarf and cheering Henry and Zidane in the land of sausages and saukraut and the town of spetzl and Porsche. I daydream of the tastes of Sicilian street food and again, Parisian kirs. I think about the intense lonliness and pure joy and my favourite ever feeling of the rush as the plane leaves the runway.

I just can't wait.


Anacapri, 2003


Siena, 2003

Verona, 2003

Levanto, 2003

Somewhere in southwest France, 2003

9 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

.. and don't forget coming to Tokyo!

11:36 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh, that rush. I'm booking my tickets for Mexico soon, and I love just dreaming about the moment when you depart! For now, guidebooks, art books, language brush-up lessons. Those are such a wonderful part of the experience as well. But nowhere near the rush of actually going. My favorite part is usually that first breath of air when you leave the terminal upon arrival.

12:16 AM  
Blogger iggy said...

I want to hear all about your World Cup experiences!

4:17 AM  
Blogger la chipie said...

I feel the rush, beside going back to France
a friend invited me squat her house in a small nontouristic town in southern italy near the sea , and since then, I been singing Polignano (the town) and being 24/7 on research ! Cant wait to see your photos!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Imagemuse said...

So jealous, I was in Munich on the day of the last World Cup final, it was hilarious there were lots of drunk lederhausen clad men wandering about!

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God. How depressing! ;-)

Pia is off to Thaland, India and Pakistan on Saturday and you're off to Europe.


All I've got is winter and a gyno appointment to look forward to!!

Just kidding hon - you deserve it - have a great time and take hundreds of photos.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Doll Face said...

Beautiful photos babes... I'm so excited for you!

1:45 PM  
Blogger la femme said...

Oh my god- SO. F***ING. JEALOUS.

Gorgeous pics by the way.

5:14 AM  
Blogger maitresse said...

are you going to be passing through paris??
you better drop me a line if you are!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home