Friday, May 05, 2006

Straight Up

"The whole thing about dressing to be comfortable makes me uncomfortable, he said. "...You're inflicting yourself upon the world when you walk out the door. You're becoming part of an environment, you should take pride in that." Tom Ford, here.

And André’s (Leon Talley) always ready to pine for more formal and fabulous times. "Lee Radziwill told me that she and her sister (Jackie O) used to get their hair done...before a plane ride,” he said. “They'd bring their best handbags and wear gloves. Do you like the way people look at airports today?”
"No, of course not!" Tom replied.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! that last comment reminds me of my Mother back in the hey-days of the 80s. Before she and my dad ever got on a plane to go anywhere - whether it was Melbourne, Hong King, Geneva or Nairobi, my mother HAD to get her hair done.
Passports? Check!
Tickets? Check!
Hair done? Check!

11:17 AM  
Blogger la femme said...

So true.

4:25 AM  
Blogger Melanie O. said...

Wow - can I say how I agree? What happened to style? When did people stop caring?

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think everything got real casual after the JFK/RFK assinations. It did not help that Mrs. J.F. Kennedy disliked public events. The world loved & embraced her long after her husband's death & she could have made a major impact in everything she did.

She was one singular sensation and her sister Lee also appears to be a talented woman who is silenced by family pressure. What a story she'd have to tell and I hope one day she will give us a substantial narrative.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home