Thursday, May 11, 2006

This Week

Downloaded And Listening To: Songbird, Bernard Fanning ("I wish I knew which button to push, then I'd know how to please you, it's sad but true" - love it).
Still Reading: A Cook's Tour, Anthony Bourdain - I love this book a bit too much.
Had A Drink With: An old mutual crush. He told me I was a femme fatale, what with my attitude, dark hair and desire to again buy leather pants this winter (sidenote: it's fum fatale, not fem fatale. Just like eight is not ai-g-h-t or police is not po-lice). I used to think of myself as a femme fatale, in that I got a kick out of making men obsessed with me and then losing interest . After being with a man who was the opposite, treat 'em mean keep 'em keen, I think I (mostly) lost this sixth sense. So it was nice to be reminded of it, nice to think there was still some of that old-school Julia still in me.

6 Comments:

Blogger la chipie said...

I should really get Bourdain's book. On Paris -
I was also planning to do the galliera museum of fashion. they don't have a website
but this site http://www.paris.fr/portail/Culture/Portal.lut?page_id=5854 has everything & a lot on all the other museums as well. Are you doing Paris au clair de lune along paris cinema ?

12:47 PM  
Blogger Doll Face said...

Leather pants. Buy them while your in Florence! The leather will be so smooth and buttery to touch... Is your mum still going at that time? You'll need a second opinion (like the skinny jeans)

1:02 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

La Chipie - you really must, it's the bestest!

I'm in Paris 30 June to 5 July so I won't make the Cinema au Clair de Lune but I will catch the exposition sur le defile at the Musee Galliera, can't wait!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Mum was never going over to Florence this year - I never liked the leather markets there, but I'll keep my eyes open for them at The Mall.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Doll Face said...

Oops... I thought that's why you were both learning Italian?

2:44 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Nope, just because she's always wanted to relearn after living there for two years, and because it's a nice thing to do together.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home