Friday, August 04, 2006

This Is The Strangest Life I've Ever Known

When everything is truly horrible, avoid it all with meaningless blog crap:

+ Rent on Wednesday night was brilliant. If you're in Sydney this week and have a spare $35, go along to see it. Honestly. I don't recommend musicals, in fact I hate them (apart from The Sound of Music) and I haven't seen Rent before but this was the bomb. Amazing singing, acting, costumes (shout out to I who is the costume designer) - I loved the story and the songs were so good: (Without you, the ground thaws, the rain falls, the grass grows...The earth turns, the sun burns, but I die, without you [Without You]).
+ I've done something stupid in relation to dating, but I guess that'll come out later.
+ I don't know what I'd do without cigarettes. It's a contant consolation.
+ Reading Jim Morrison's biography makes me think of him non-stop. I'm listening to all the CDs and picked up his books of poetry from mum's last night; I want to cry with how beautiful the words are. This is the strangest life I've ever known. Indeed.
+ What a week for friendships. But c'est la vie, non? I get to see S tonight and that's just the bestest thing. This weather sucks but at least there's always the life of the party outside my door and we can go and be children of the night together.
+ Why are some people such fucking wanker cunts? Is it something you're born with or...or how exactly do you explain such a level of fucked-up-ness?

6 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

yes Rent is fantastic!

I've not had a ciggie now for 7 weeks so you can do it!!

hope to see you soon when you're not so busy. I probably can't yum cha next Sunday - city to surf run.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you and i need to hit somewhere with a bottle or two.

doctors orders. literally.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Sadly, some tards are born that way, and remain that way till the day they die. Avoid at all costs.

I'd love to see Rent. It's on my to-see list.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I saw Rent earlier this summer and adored it. Have you started listening to the soundtrack incessantly now? If not, I'm impressed.

I smoked like a champ on Friday night in spite of "quitting" two weeks ago. Hmmm. I just love them too. I'll get there though.

And yes, avoid the fuckwits. They're not worth your time or concern.

How is the pup?

7:27 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

I wanna know about the dating comment - details please!

As for the fucktards... some people are born that way, and some people really have to work hard at being such utter assholes.

7:06 PM  
Blogger audrey said...

I hear you. Sometimes the only thing that seems worth getting up for is so you can smoke yourself into oblivion. It makes bad girls of us all.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home