Friday, September 15, 2006

Tragic.jpg

The spring/summer pieces are starting to arrive and it's very exciting because the collections I bought are beautiful and I invested a lot into this season. Whether I'm right or wrong my philosophy is to believe in each piece I buy, and to go for what's special rather than one-hit wonders. Well, I don't mind the occassional one-hit wonder, say bubble skirts, because with the confidence and right attitude you can make them work for years to come. But, for example, jumpsuits. I did not buy even one. I don't care what's been said about them, how glorified they've been in photoshoots, I won't sell them. The fact is, they are a blink-and-you'll-miss-'em trend that only look good in a quirky way on size 6 girls for about two minutes. You can't do much with them, and I don't know any girlfriends that would wear them. Especially not for $300+. I know I'm in the minority, because I just received a newsletter from a leading boutique with this as one of their season highlights:

If you just saw this picture on its own you'd think it was taken at the methadone clinic, with the 'ensemble' plucked from Target's pyjama collection circa 1982. Instead, it's probably several hundred dollars and absolutely fabulous, dah-link. Actually, I can so see Eddy in this.

I love fashion - the good, the bad, and the tragic.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

that is just frickin awful.

I don't care what Vogue and Harpers bazaar say...if it makes a woman look like she should be pushing a trolley down the aisles of the Campbelltown Aldi store, snivelling brat on one hip and a Horizon light hanging out of her mouth then it isn't for me.

12:54 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh. My. Gawd. Tragic is right. I can find that in the free bag left on the corner of my street!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Wow, that's really hideous!
82 pajamas is right. I think I had a pair, but with Strawberry Shortcake on them. And they vaguely smelled of fake berries....

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home