Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Deal Breakers

There is nothing more absurd in my book than the idea of 'deal breakers' - lists that girls make up of qualities in men that they wouldn't put up with. TJ said it perfectly once: "he's perfect, but damn I didn't realise he collected Nazi memoraibilia - that's a deal breaker for me".

But I'm wrong. Deal breakers are a great idea, vital even. For example:

If a guy I was seeing told me he thought Rove was funny, then that would be the end of it. Deal broken.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I see deal breakers as being the result of learning from your mistake. For example....an addicition to owning and playing computer games/Xbox/Playstation is a deal breaker for me.

Absolutely not negotiable.

8:33 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Did I really say that? I must have been drinking ;)

5:16 PM  
Blogger deepkickgirl said...

So this wouldn't be a good time to tell you I sometimes find Rove mildly amusing? Can you have "deal breakers" with sister-sister relationships? I guess the whole naked toddler in the fountain thing would have already done it by now!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

TJ: you did!

Deep kick: Nooooooo...!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Doll Face said...

really?

well what am i to think about that?

http://mirroronthe.blogspot.com/2006/08/deal-breakers.html#comments

11:04 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

I think Rove is ok at times, not roll on the floor laughing, but he's kinda cute in a skinny, white guy way.

Deal breakers? I have zillions. Too many to list. Yes, I'm in therapy :P

2:20 PM  
Blogger AlphaChick said...

I have one ... men who have better groomed eyebrows than me! That is just annoying!!

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home