Monday, November 27, 2006

Party Party

Wow. What a brilliant night! I couldn't of asked for a better bash. Everyone we wanted to make it, made it, and then some, and it was so good for all my friends to finally meet (it's only taken 9 years). Having it at Tonic was perfect, everyone loved it, the intimate shabby space, the music, the good vibe and the crowd, ie no wankers. I love my friends! Everyone was in good spirits and looked beautiful. Speaking of which I wore my Lagerfeld for H&M dress, long black beaded necklace and sparkly Fendis; favourite comment was "I'm not a lesbian but I gotta say you look damn hot". The gift of drugs was much appreciated as D and I kicked on to Candy's around the corner. Actually, we didn't even dance, we sat and had a giggle and prolly picked up another stalker after enjoying the kisses of a Sicilian kid who looks like the lead singer of the Dandy Warhols.

I slept all of Sunday, apart from sauntering down to the video shop and Harry's for a hot dog, watched the beyond bad American Dreamz and slept some more. The end. I love birthdays!

Photos, taken on film, to come.

10 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

so sorry i couldn't make it - we did the major move over the weekend and I didn't even manage a shower this morning because i don't have a towel...no chance i'd have been able to manage to get dressed to go out.

Glad it was a wonderful night though

Happy Birthday

xoxox

10:13 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

I was hoping you might pop in but glad the big move is done with.

Birthday is in 1.5 weeks (but Nat's was last week, hence the party being this weekend), it's great getting in this early! ;-)

10:16 AM  
Blogger Rach said...

mmmm H&M.. best shop on the planet

12:23 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

why don't you come over for a drink one night this week?

so long as you aren't offended by boxes, disembowled bags and mountains of...stuff.

true to form though...the first things i have made sure are accessible are the sofas, the grog and the fridge.

1:31 PM  
Blogger la femme said...

You rock.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Cibbuano said...

no wankers? really? I think you were protected from wankerisms.

Everyone looked beautiful? Well, I'm no lesbian.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

So glad that you had a fabulous time! sounds like it was a ton of fun.

11:09 PM  
Blogger travel notes said...

Hope you had a fab birthday, Julia! Your outfit sounds amazing!

1:34 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

Happy pre birthday my dear x

6:50 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

You know I was there in spirit!!! Glad the celebration was lovely.

xo

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home