Sunday, December 10, 2006

I Must've Done Something Good

To deserve such family and friends. Have just come home from a stunning BBQ at Jo's with the most wonderful surprise - birthday cake complete with candles (Happy Birthday Julia Gulia) and amazing present, the SATC overnight package. Wow. Double wow. To say I was shocked would be underestimating it - I was blown away. Thank you so much Jo, Wally, Charley, Yvette, Leonie and Dani (sick).

---
Driving over pulled over for RBT, didn't have license on me so the cop took down my details and reprimanded me, then told me I made his day. "Oh god what did I do?" "You haven't done anything. It's you". Impressive! If only he was a babe it would have made a great "how did we meet story" to tell people.
---
Dinner last night at Bistro Moncur was wonderful, if not shadowed by Natalie's that-afternoon redundancy. The most creamy, gorgeous French onion souffle followed by perfectly seared calves' liver with gnocchi parisienne and a plump cherry glaze. It was so good and yet a shock to the system, the richness and size of the dishes made me nauseous and all I wanted was to run home and tuck myself into bed. Which I did. It's my birthday and I can do just that.
---
Today's serendipitous lunch at Pilu - tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I got pulled over last week and got a $250 speeding ticket. Clearly you need to give me tips on dealing with officers!

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home