Friday, December 01, 2006

Queen Of Contradictions

I love how I love being self-sufficient, how I rely only on myself. A bastion for the single life.

...and yet I hate that my birthday is next week, and there's no one to kiss my forehead in the morning, take me to a romantic dinner (what the fuck is that anyway?) and make me faint with amazing sex afterwards.

I love love love that I'll be with my friends instead, and hate that part of me wishes it was the above scenario.

A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a scene from one of my favourite movies, Husbands and Wives, where Sydney Pollack and Judy Davis say that it's getting through the difficult times that make or break a relationship, that anyone can have a good time. (Hours later I stumbled upon the exact same scene on the repeat, definitely telling me something). It's so true. Who cares about the birthday kiss-dinner-shag? Will they bring me a sandwich when I'm at the hospital at midnight? This is what matters, and yet here we are worrying about the petty. It's all bullshit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Doll Face said...

We all want the kiss, the romantic dinner, the b'day sex. Surround yourself with friends, more than likely you'll have a great time - i did :-)

9:54 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Wouldn't trade these friends for the tiniest kiss. Can't wait for our dinne, have the menu open as I type mmm...

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home