Thursday, February 01, 2007

Ballet Week 2

Unbelievably hard. At one point I thought "hell in pink satin". There is no way this is beginners, and I'm annoyed because everyone is continuing from previous classes and so a higher level has been established, whereas I wanted to focus on the basics, and well, not feel stupid. And I do. The discipline and aura of getting it right every time, being perfect, impressing the teacher, all those feelings die hard, and everyone else is so serious that I want to shout out "let's not pretend anyone's going to be performing Giselle for the Queen anytime soon, let's have some fun!". But before I can enjoy those thoughts it's time to pirouette and chasse across the room. I enjoy the barre work, and it is a great workout, eh bien, continuouns...

2 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

oh god, the same thing happened to me in contemporary dance - everyone else had been going to that exact class for years and i hadn't been to a dance class since about the age of 4. add to that an "innovative" building made entirely of glass, no windows, a hot summer and too many turns I almost passed out and never went back after I caught two camp guys giggling at my dizzy spell! and what's with all the counting anyway - 6, 3 , 9 , 2 , 4 , 7 , 8 , 3 , 6?!

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's precisely what keeps me from going back to ballet!

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home