Thursday, February 15, 2007

Ballet Week 3/4*

A very good class, the first one I've actually enjoyed. Because there were actual beginners there, not just understudies for Swan Lake, and I didn't feel like the class dunce. Amazing, this competitiveness thing. I could feel the sweat rolling down my body under my leotard, and for someone who doesn't sweat much, it's a good feeling.

And then I came home and ate a huge bowl of edamame to the first of Extras II. I can't say it enough, I want to cry from Ricky Gervais'/Stephen Merchant's brilliance. Everything is perfection, the acting, the writing, the body language.

"Is he having a laugh?!"

* Because I missed one week due to sore hamstring/not having my elastic sewn into my shoes and not wanting to incur the wrath of the teacher - yes I am mildly afraid of her

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh how wonderful that you are taking balletm must be fun!...mmm, now you must go to paris, to repetto and get some shoes...
delphine

3:20 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Delphine, how I would love to! When I am in Paris during the sales I always hope to find a divine little pair but unfortunately they only reduce the really blegh ones.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home