Sunday, March 25, 2007

I'm Bringing Sexy Back

I grew up watching Rosanne, one of my all-time favourite shows (the old stuff, god knows what happened towards the end). And I grew up watching them moan over, shift around on their plate, and occassionally eat, meatloaf. It represented poor food, and secretly I really wanted to try it.
So, here I am on the weekend, relaxing with the latest and best-ever Gourmet Traveller, and I spot a recipe for meatloaf. And then mum reminded me that it's basically cucletki and I love cucletki, so it's meant to be.
It was delicious. Made with the best ingredients, wrapped in prosciutto and boiled eggs in the middle, it looked quite the glamour retro dish. And with a simple salad on the side, it made the perfect meat and three veg dinner.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

i have secretly wanted to try meatloaf too.

wish i knew some poor people.. oh hang on that's me.

12:28 PM  
Blogger surfercam said...

Jules, only you could make meatloaf look that good.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Yea, it wasn't grey like proper meatloaf, but I had to gourmet it up.

SC, hehe :-)

1:09 PM  
Blogger Luli said...

YUM! I am also an avid fan of Roseanne. There was always something oddly appealing about Dan. Weird.

My ma would make us meatloaf growing up. Yours looks a lot more appetising than hers, I must say.

7:37 PM  
Blogger la femme said...

oh god, I get so hungry reading your blog.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home