Saturday, May 05, 2007

Days Like This

Maybe it's the up and down in me that makes me peak with happiness on days like this.

After a huge night last night, waking up after a few hours sleep and the kiss of a stranger still on my lips, and the day is beautiful. "Your eyes"...Breakfast at local favourite Lumiere with D, surrounded by lovey dovey gay boys and gorgeous dogs, two nutters still laughing after laughing the night away. Lots of coffee under a blue sky. Pancakes, sour cherries. Then a stop at my favourite butcher, the old school boys who flirt and cut up a whole lamb for my six cutlets. And some milk fed veal, for involtini that I'll make maybe this week. And the drive home, under a blue dome, with the window down and Lovelight loud and thumpy, and my heart soars.

And it's only lunchtime.

4 Comments:

Blogger Luli said...

Oh, lucky girl! That sounds like a glorious way to spend a Friday night, Saturday morning.

7:30 AM  
Blogger AlphaChick said...

Priceless is what I call days like these :)

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me not hate Sydney! (written from Melbourne)

8:16 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Haha anon!

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home