Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Et Voila

I'm leaving in three weeks for four weeks in Europe, with my friend D. Spain, Florence, Amsterdam, Paris, Dublin, London. Specifics later on.

And, I will most probably be going back a few months later, for a year or two. All of which will be worked out when I get back, the where, when, what, how. The thoughts have been brewing since my birthday in December, made more concrete in recent weeks. When I told mum, I thought she would dismiss the idea - our little family stays close - she said, "you have to go".

I have decided to close the business. It is not bringing in enough money to make it feasible, and the collections I've seen lately leave me hopeless. I will write about this another time. I am not sad - it may resurface in another form at another time. But now, my steps are taking me to another challenge.

Two weeks from winter and this weekend Bronte Beach was dotted with sunbakers and swimmers. We ate brunch in summer clothes and I took photos of the sparkling water. And here I am, thinking of a new life, of jumping into the bitter cold. But there's a fire within.

And always mugs of hot chocolate.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what an adventure that would be! Where are you planning to live?

10:54 AM  
Blogger surfercam said...

*sobbing* Don't go!
But if you do, can you bring me back some snow?

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a marvelous adventure. I agree with your mum, do it!!!! And enjoy!
Delphine

1:59 PM  
Blogger iggy said...

Good for you - not so many people are prepared to seize the bull by the horns (sorry, cliche alert!) and do what they really want.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

hon...you DO have to do it and I'm so happy that you are.

4:20 PM  
Blogger travel notes said...

Oh Julia, this sounds fab! Life is too short to not do what you really want to (and all those other cliches). The world is your oyster! I admire you for not being negative about such a challenge. Bonne chance!! xxx

7:50 PM  
Blogger thermalsatsuma said...

Bon Voyage! Will you be blogging your travels?

10:50 PM  
Blogger Luli said...

Re the possible move, how exciting! I cannot wait to hear all about it.

You've got a really positive and pragmatic attitude with respect to your business and I really admire that. Couple that good sense with your passion and entrepreneurial zeal - you're going to go a long way Missy! x

11:19 PM  
Blogger The Late Bloomer said...

What an amazing plan! And more power to you for putting it together and making it happen. Carpe diem...

(OK, so now I'm a terrible cliché too. But I had to say it!)

And I agree that you have such passion and confidence, you are already a great success and will continue to be one in your adventures ahead. Can't wait to read more about it!

1:33 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Awesome - I am so happy you decided to make the leap.

And you'll only be a 4 or 5 hour plane trip away from me! (plus a freaking long bus ride to get to the airport, but hey! closer than Australia!!).

2:53 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

this is tres, tres exciting...can't wait to hear what you decide on...and I'll see you soon! x

6:27 AM  
Blogger la femme said...

Fantastic.

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wunderbar! good luck!
hope you'll get in touch when you're in Paris... xxL

12:18 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Maitresse, most definitely. Maybe we can arrange a drink with some of les blogeuses - will be in touch soon.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home