Saturday, July 14, 2007

Holiday Blues

I was a Pollyanna for weeks but now it has hit me hard.

I go to the bathroom at yum cha and have a flashback to the bathrooms at El Ayoun.
I wake up in the middle of the night and don't know where I am, what time it is, how it is.
I am 8 hours ahead of another world and this distance makes my heart ache. This always happens - I am accutely aware of their time and am split in two.

I am in love with dance music again and listen to the DJ's music which is so perfect I can't really believe it. But my smile says it's so.

So there are definitely smiles, and thoughts of what is coming next. The wheels are in motion for a move overseas, which I will start to chronicle. I just hope it works out - it's now or never.

3 Comments:

Blogger maitresse said...

ciao bella, mi dispiace che non potrei ti incontrato a parigi, ero in venezia-- umm-- studying italian (we didn't get to gerunds). a la prossima volta! baci, L

2:42 AM  
Blogger surfercam said...

Welcome back.... to the real world...

11:24 AM  
Blogger la femme said...

Thanks for your travel entries.

Gorgeous photo above.

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home