Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Great Cooking Challenge

A and I are having a cooking challenge thanks to his new obsession with a show on Foxtel called Masterchef Challenge or something.

The rules as in the show are two courses with the judges looking for wow value. I am thinking an entree and main because I'm not in a dessert mood (although I really should do a dessert). My idea is: creamy white gazpacho with seared scallop, and fresh spaghettini with poached lobster in a Champagne cream sauce dotted with crunchy caviar pearls.

Alternatively I'm thinking of something clever, like trompe l'oeil or maybe a classic dish deconstructed. Baked donuts with coffee creme anglaise (with a vanilla bean 'crema').

Either way as with any great competition the sledging has started - bring it on!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt Jay said...

Ahhh...my three favorite films are three of yours as well...La Haine, Before Sunrise and Before Sunset...and you also seem to be a bit of a fashion addict as I am too! Lookin forward to readin more of your blog =)

MJ

6:07 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Hi MJ thanks for stopping by and please, continue to hang around, with your good taste :-)

PS they are the best movies, aren't they...

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home