Sunday, September 16, 2007

Dear Diary

Last night I found my two diaries that took me from 12-17. I couldn't put them down and they've left me feeling quite strange. "The core", as Celine says in Before Sunset, hasn't changed much at all. I was suprised to find so many similarities to then and now. My dreams were to travel, to be an author and to work in fashion. At 15 I lusted after Chanel boots (similarly how I love the new Chanel 'boots'). I was obsessed with boys, and interestingly had a wandering eye. I really believed in god too - a major stark contrast to now.

And the forward to the diary says that I hope to look back as an adult to the person I was back then, the same reason I write this blog.

4 Comments:

Blogger TessaJ said...

Very interesting. I don't think my dreams were as fully realized as yours, as I was too insecure to admit what I really wanted from life, though I think at my core I was the same person I am now -- just a less-polished version ;)

11:46 AM  
Blogger AlphaChick said...

I didn't keep a diary as a teenager, as I never really liked to put it all down. That way it can't come back and haunt you. I guess the same reason I somewhat sensor my blog and to the random reader the story seems somewhat ... random

11:58 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I've got a couple of diaries from when i was 15-17.

When I look back at them now and cringe (I can only cope with reading a couple of pages before I am so embarassed I have to put them down) all I can think is that I wouldn't be a teenager for again anything (not even for perfectly pert boobs and a fat free bum and legs) and that I wish someone had pointed out what a narcissistic BITCH my so called best friend was.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Oh yes Sare, there is so much cringe it was hard to read, but was also hard to put down.

I wouldn't be a teenager for anything.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home